Welcome to the Material Gifts page!
You’re in the right place if you’re looking to tangibly bless our guests by donating new or gently used goods. Whether you’re cleaning out your closet, looking for a service collection project, or want to help men and women get to job interviews by providing a bus pass, The City Mission thanks you. Please review each category and options for how, where, and when to give below.
We continue to have new and emerging needs. If you would like to help us meet physical needs during this time and are unable to visit The City Mission, please consider shipping items straight to our locations via our Amazon Wish List.
5310 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44103
Drop-Off Hours: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday Only
Items we DO accept include:
· New and gently used clothing of all sizes and genders
· New and gently used shoes
· New and gently used outerwear
· New twin size sheet sets and blankets
· New pillows and pillowcases
· New towels
· Unopened toiletry items
· Baby diapers (especially sizes 4, 5, 6)
· Baby wipes
· Unexpired baby food and formula
· New baby equipment
· New Toys
Items we DO NOT accept:
· Used toys
· Used underwear
· Used socks
· Full, queen, or king size bedding
· Used pillows and pillowcases
· Household items (kitchen items, home décor, etc.)
· Cell phones
· Medical equipment and supplies
· Prescription eyeglasses and contacts
· Used baby equipment
· Opened toiletry items
Drop-Off Hours and Locations
Drop-Off hours are from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
During open hours, attendants will help you unload your donation(s) and provide a material gift receipt for tax purposes.
We ask that you only drop off donations during open hours (currently M – F 10 am-4 pm). Items left unattended may pose a safety, security, or sanitation concern for the individuals and families we serve. Thank you!
The City Mission’s Downtown Cleveland Campus: 5310 Carnegie Avenue Cleveland, Ohio
- Current drop off hours are Monday – Friday from 10am to 4pm only
- No donation receiving on Saturday or Sunday
- We accept new and gently used clothing for both Crossroads and Laura’s Home at our main campus.
Laura’s Home Women’s Crisis Center: 18120 Puritas Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio
- To reduce points of outside contact in light of COVID-19, we are no longer receiving donations at Laura’s Home.
- New and gently used items for Laura’s Home can be brought to our 5310 Carnegie Ave. campus during open hours.
- New Items ordered through online services can still be delivered direct to Laura’s Home.
Urgent Needs & Our Amazon Wish List
Our most urgent needs currently include sanitary napkins, bladder control pads, towels, washcloths, twin size blankets, and all-day bus passes. You can view all of our most urgent needs on our Amazon Wish List to purchase items and send directly to The City Mission.
Does your family, church, workplace or organization want to host a donation drive on behalf of The City Mission? Create a Comeback Kit! The City Mission provides wraparound care through Help, Heart, Home, and everlasting Hope. Through the Comeback Kits, you provide not only personal care items, but items individuals need to live empowered lives throughout all stages of restoration. Check out our Comeback Kit page and decide how you want to help individuals in need!
Linens and Bedding
Currently, our biggest needs are for new blankets, towels, twin sheets, and pillows.
Bus Tickets and Store Gift Cards
- We’re in constant need of bus tickets for men and women to travel to job interviews, appointments and work. Purchase online by visiting Cleveland’s RTA website.
- Gift cards to stores like Target, Walmart, etc. are also a blessing, as we can use to purchase shoes and clothing for men, women and children who cannot be fit from the donations we receive at our warehouse.
- Gift Cards for Pathways & childcare field trips (Chuck-E-Cheese, McDonalds, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, Movie theater cards, etc…) are always appreciated!
- Please send bus passes or gift cards to the attention of: Development Department, The City Mission, 5310 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44103.
At Laura’s Home, families come to us year round; often with little to nothing aside from the clothes on their back and a few personal items. During the months leading up to the school year, we do our best to stock up on school supplies that will help children begin school with as much stability as possible. The City Mission accepts:
We are happy to accept any variety of new or gently used clothing items. Please see above for drop off times and locations. We accept both new and used clothing at our main campus, 5310 Carnegie Avenue.
Every contribution makes an impact
Reaching Hearts | Changing LIVES
The City Mission is funded entirely by private donations from people like you.
Will you provide help and hope to people in crisis today?
85¢ OF EVERY DOLLAR DONATED IS USED DIRECTLY FOR CLIENT CARE.