Welcome to the Material Gifts page!
You're in the right place if you're looking to tangibly bless our guests by donating new or gently used goods. Whether you're cleaning out your closet, looking for a service collection project, or want to help men and women get to job interviews by providing a bus pass, The City Mission thanks you. Please review each category and options for how, where, and when to give below. Items we are unable to accept can be found at the bottom of this page.
Drop-Off Hours and Locations
During open hours, attendants will help you unload your donation(s) and provide a material gift receipt for tax purposes.
The City Mission's Downtown Cleveland Campus: 5310 Carnegie Avenue Cleveland, Ohio
- Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm only
- No donation receiving on Saturday or Sunday
- After hour donations may be placed in the drop box at the warehouse garage door as you pull into the parking lot
- At our main campus, we accept both new and gently used clothing for both Crossroads and Laura's Home
Laura's Home Women's Crisis Center: 18120 Puritas Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio
- Due to limited storage capacity, Laura's Home is only able to accept new clothing donations. We welcome both new and gently used material gifts at our 5310 Carnegie Ave. campus.
- Please feel free to bring NEW only clothing items Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm or Saturday 9am – 2pm.
- If you need to make a special arrangement to drop off at Laura's Home, email our donations coordinator.
Scheduling a Home Pickup
- We’ve partnered with Donate Stuff to provide an opportunity for your tax-deductible donated material gifts to be picked up at your home. Visit www.DonateStuff.com or by calling 216-662-4483 to schedule yours today!
- Donate Stuff manages home pickups from start to finish, so if there are questions or issues with your appointment, or you would like to be taken off of their call list, please call their office at 216-662-4483. Items are distributed through the Value World Thrift Stores, which gives them the best chance of ending up with someone who needs them - keeping items out of landfills, and allowing The City Mission to receive financial gift for every donation you make through the home pickup service.
Urgent Needs & Our Amazon Wish List
Our most urgent needs currently include sanitary napkins, bladder control pads, towels, washcloths, twin size blankets, and all-day bus passes. You can view all of our most urgent needs on our Amazon Wish List to purchase items and send directly to The City Mission.
Does your family, church, workplace or organization want to host a donation drive on behalf of The City Mission? Create a Comeback Kit! The City Mission provides wraparound care through Help, Heart, Home, and everlasting Hope. Through the Comeback Kits, you provide not only personal care items, but items individuals need to live empowered lives throughout all stages of restoration. Check out our Comeback Kit page and decide how you want to help individuals in need!
Linens and Bedding
Currently, our biggest needs are for new blankets, towels, twin sheets, and pillows, along with new underwear and new socks.
Bus Tickets and Store Gift Cards
- We're in constant need of bus tickets for men and women to travel to job interviews, appointments and work. Purchase online by visiting Cleveland's RTA website.
- Gift cards to stores like Target, Walmart, etc. are also a blessing, as we can use to purchase shoes and clothing for men, women and children who cannot be fit from the donations we receive at our warehouse.
- Gift Cards for Pathways & childcare field trips (Chuck-E-Cheese, McDonalds, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, Movie theater cards, etc...) are always appreciated!
Please send bus passes or gift cards to the attention of: Development Department, The City Mission, 5310 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44103
Would your family or organization consider donating toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, body wash, feminine hygiene products, etc.? We are especially in need of these items in large size! Drop toiletry items off during our regular warehouse hours, or arrange a special drop off with our development department by emailing Denise Eaddy.
New, unopened cosmetics are only accepted seasonly around Mother's Day and Christmas. Please email our Laura's Home donations coordinator, if you would like to give in this way.
At Laura's Home, families come to us year round; often with little to nothing aside from the clothes on their back and a few personal items. During the months leading up to the school year, we do our best to stock up on school supplies that will help children begin school with as much stability as possible. The City Mission accepts:
- Filler Paper
- Colored Pencils
- Pens (blue, black and red)
- Index Cards
- Glue Sticks
- Pencil Cases/Boxes
New baby formula, strollers, diapers and car seats are always a major request at Laura's Home. Email our donations coordinator for the status of our most urgent needs, or visit our Amazon Wish List to fulfill requested items.
We are happy to accept any variety of new or gently used clothing items. Please see above for drop off times and locations. There is donation dropbox available for use after regular office hours. You can also visit www.DonateStuff.com or call 216-662-4483 to arrange for donated items to be picked up. Please note that we do not take used clothing at Laura's Home due to storage capacity. We can accept both new and used clothing at our main campus, 5310 Carnegie Avenue.
Items We Are Unable to Accept:
We are grateful for the generosity of so many in our community. However due to the needs of the population we serve and our limited warehousing space, we are unable to accept some items including:
- Household items
- Wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
- Computer equipment
- Books, tapes, music, movies, etc.
- Used toys and games (including recreational equipment)
- Used strollers, car seats, and high chairs
- Exercise equipment
- Pictures, artwork, and decorating items