Material Gifts Home Pickup
- We’ve partnered with Lakes Management (DontateStuff.com) to provide an opportunity for your tax-deductible donated material gifts to be picked up at your home. You can arrange a pickup by visiting www.DonateStuff.com or by calling 216-662-4483. These donated items are distributed through the Value World Thrift Stores, which gives them the best chance of ending up with someone who needs them – keeping items out of landfills, and allowing The City Mission to receive a cash payment for every donation made. We also continue to receive material gifts on-site for the care of the men, women and children we serve.
- You may recieve a call from Lakes Management on behalf of The City Mission to let you know they’ll be in the area and ask if you have any items to pick up. These are truly on our behalf. The City Mission and our guests benefit from every donation made through DonateStuff pickups.
Material Gifts Drop Off
Donation Receiving Locations and Hours of Operation
Attendants will help you unload your donation(s) and provide a material gift receipt for tax purposes.
- The City Mission’s Downtown Campus, 5310 Carnegie Avenue (just west of the E. 55 and Carnegie intersection)
- Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm only
- No donation receiving on Saturday or Sunday
- After hour donations may be placed in the drop box at the warehouse garage door as you pull into the parking lot
- At our main campus, we accept both new and gently used clothing for both Crossroads and Laura’s Home
- Laura’s Home Women’s Crisis Center
- Please feel free to bring material gifts at your earliest convenience, however, please note that it is best to bring your items Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm or Saturday 9am – 2pm.
- We are especially in need of the following items for our guests at Laura’s Home:
- Ladies jeans – size 18 & up
- Summer PJs – all sizes ladies & kids (especially size 8 & up) boys & girls
- Shorts – 2T – teen boys & girls
- All ladies summer clothing for 1x, 2x 3x & up
- New strollers and car seats
- Gift cards for Pathways summer field trips (see suggestions below)
Linens and Bedding
Currently, our biggest needs are for new blankets, towels, twin sheets, and pillows, along with new underwear and new socks.
Bus Tickets and Store Gift Cards
We’re in constant need of bus tickets for men and women to be able to travel to job interviews and work. Gift cards to stores like Target, Walmart, etc. are also a blessing, as we can use to purchase shoes and clothing for men, women and children who cannot be fit from the donations we receive at our warehouse.
Gift Cards for Pathways & childcare field trips (Chuck-E-Cheese, McDonalds, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, Movie theater cards, etc…) are another big need as we head into the summer!
Please send them to the attention of:
Development Department, The City Mission, 5310 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44103
Would your family or organization consider donating toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, body wash, feminine hygiene products, etc.? We are especially in need of these items in large size!
New, unopened cosmetics are only accepted seasonly around Mother’s Day and Christmas. Please email our Laura’s Home donation coordinator, Abby Uveges, at AUveges@TheCityMission.org if you would like to give in this way.
Drop these items off during our regular warehouse hours, or you can arrange a special droop off with our development department by email EVanVranken@TheCityMission.org.
Operation Hope Tote is the collection of personal care items used to create hygiene kits for infants, children, and adults and are distributed to the homeless and those in need throughout the year. Individuals and groups can run a Hope Tote drive at any time of the year. Visit the Hope Totes page to learn how you can get involved.
At Laura’s Home families come to us year round; often with little to nothing aside from the clothes on their back and a few personal items. During the months leading up to the school year, we do our best to stock up on school supplies that will help children begin school with as much stability as possible. The City Mission accepts:
- Filler Paper
- Colored Pencils
- Pens (blue, black and red)
- Index Cards
- Glue Sticks
- Pencil Cases/Boxes
New baby formula, strollers, and car seats are always a big need at Laura’s Home, along with diapers. Check out our Diaper Drive program page for more information.
Special Need: School Uniforms – Schoolbelles continues to be a generous donor of school uniforms, but because our families join us throughout the year, school uniform and supply donations are always appreciated. We accept all sizes of:
Navy/Black/Khaki Pants, Jumpers or Skirts
White/Light Blue/Navy Polos
New Underwear and T-shirts
Gift Cards to Walmart, Target, Old Navy
ALL SIZES ARE ACCEPTED
We are also happy to accept any variety of other clothing items. Please see above for drop off times and locations. There is donation dropbox available for use after regular office hours. You can also visit www.DonateStuff.com or call 216-662-4483 to arrange for donated items to be picked up. Please note that we do not take used clothing at Laura’s Home due to storage capacity. We can accept both new and used clothing at our main campus, 5310 Carnegie Avenue.
Items We Are Unable to Accept:
We are grateful for the generosity of so many in our community. However due to the needs of the population we serve and our limited warehousing space, we are unable to accept some items including:
- Household items
- Wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
- Computer equipment
- Books, tapes, music, movies, etc.
- Used toys and games (including recreational equipment)
- Used strollers, car seats, and high chairs
- Exercise equipment
- Pictures, artwork, and decorating items