We’re always on the lookout for bright and energetic individuals to fill a range of dynamic internships. Our interns serve semester terms during Fall, Spring and Summer. The City Mission wants to prepare its interns for practical service and ministry, specifically that in an urban, crisis setting. You’ll learn how to minister to men, women and children in crisis, but it won’t be easy. We’ll give you responsibilities that we will hold you to. Don’t plan on a semester of making coffee, organizing or filing—we’ve got big plans for you!
Why should I intern at the Mission?
Our internship program is one that is uniquely designed to maximize your time while you’re here. Throughout your semester at The City Mission you will acquire advanced, hands-on work experience, discipleship from staff, and relationships that you’ll never forget. Each internship position is crafted to benefit the student in the best ways possible. If you’re looking for an urban ministry internship that offers challenging and inspiring projects, The City Mission is the place for you!
We offer urban ministry internships in the areas of:
- Adult Education & Development
- Case Management (Laura’s Home Summer 2018 Closed)
- Computer & Information Systems, IT Help Desk
- Development (Community Relations, Donor Relations, Event Coordination, etc.)
- Data Analyst – Mission Resource Alliance
- Early Childhood Development
- Evaluation/Fundraising Research
- Inmate Outreach
- New Media (Content Marketing, Graphic Design, Photography & Videography, etc.) (Summer 2018 Closed)
- Volunteer Recruitment & Supervision
- Youth Programming & Family Services
- Positions open for Summer & Fall 2018!
To view current internship positions and their descriptions, click here:
All interns/employees must affirm our Statement of Faith, including:
- Professing Jesus as Lord and Savior
- Believing the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, & ultimate authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21)
- Patterning life after the example of Jesus and the commands and principles found in the Bible
- Desiring to serve the Lord in the ministry of rescue
How long are the internships?
We offer semester-long internships over spring, summer, and fall terms. All of which can be used for school credit or to advance your workplace experience. These semesters will be filled with engaging workplace experiences, exciting education activities, and learning the ins and outs of ministering in an urban environment.
|Spring 2018||January 22 – April 20|
|Summer 2018||Pathways/Childcare: May 16-August 10|
All Other Positions: May 21- August 10
What are the hours of internship positions?
Each internship position is a full time position with a scheduled 40 hours per week. Most positions fall under our normal business hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm with minor variances.
Is it a paid internship?
Yes! We provide a bi-weekly stipend for our interns. We highly value the service that our interns provide to The City Mission.
Please note: All qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old and have some college experience.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jaime Buxton, Volunteer and Internship Services Supervisor at (216) 431-3510, ext. 317.