A bridge of hope to inmates and their families during and after incarceration.
Inmates in jail or prison receive regular visits, correspondence, Bibles and Christian literature, reading glasses, stamped envelopes, and other practical help from staff and volunteers from The City Mission. Their families also receive emotional support and guidance as they deal with having a loved one incarcerated and during the transition period after release.
If you are an inmate, ex-offender, or know someone who would like more info, call or email the contact information listed below.
- Cuyahoga County Jail chapel services
- Individual inmate-chaplain visitation
- Possible alternative sentencing into our Crossroads Men’s Crisis Center or Laura's Home Women's Crisis Center
- Interaction with staff and probation officers
- Monthly literature mailing to nearly than 34,000+ inmates
- Personal discipleship correspondence
- Twice monthly visits for TCM Chapel Meetings at Lorain Correctional, Ohio’s Northern Reception Center for newly incarcerated inmates.
- Regular visits to Northeast Reintegration Center for many women nearing release
- Connection to in-depth correspondence Bible studies through Life’s Key Ministries
- Appropriate IOS contacts to family, friends, and/or to judicial and penal system staff
- Possible post-release placement into our Crossroads Men’s Crisis Center or Laura’s Home Women’s Crisis Center
- Soft cover or paperback Bibles – New or gently used Bibles with medium-size and large print are most needed. Your donation of $50 helps us purchase a case of 24 Bibles.
- Soft back Christian books and/or literature
- Soft back or paperback pocket-sized dictionaries
- Reading glasses in various strengths
- Embossed envelopes (purchasable only at Post Office or USPS online)
Before donating any of these items to The City Mission, please email Brent Richards.
The roadblocks to a stable life after prison are especially difficult, but because of your kind generosity we are able to empower men and women to be positive members of society in their life after incarceration. Thank you.
Do You Have a Heart to Reach Out to the Lost?
Last Year There Were:
For More Information Please Contact:
Chaplain Brent Richards, Inmate Outreach Services Program Manager
Phone: 216-431-3510 ext. 245 : email@example.com