Thank you for your friendship!
Since 1910, The City Mission has been known as the “Downtown Arm of the Church.” The church body is a vital component of our ministry to those in crisis. In fact, hundreds of churches provide volunteers, support the Mission financially, pray for us, welcome our graduates, bring their programs and mission teams to our campuses and through many other means. We’re honored and humbled you’ve chosen to put your faith into action by serving with us.
How The City Mission Can Serve Your Church
Churches can benefit as their members grow while they use their gifts and ignite their passions to serve. We want your members to live out what they learn in your church and through serving with us, acquire new skills they can also use to benefit your church family.
Here are a few practical ways The City Mission can serve your church:
- Provide speakers for events, services, Sunday school classes, etc.
- Attend your church mission events or service fairs
- Provide City Mission tours for your church members
- Engage your church members in volunteering and service opportunities
- Engage your college students and young adults in ministry internships
- Provide service and learning experiences for youth groups
How Your Church Can Serve The City Mission
Your church can serve the hurting men, women and children of Cleveland within the 4 walls of your own building or you can join us at any of our facilities. Here are a few ideas:
- Make a commitment to truly and tangibly change the lives of a deserving single-mother and her family by providing a permanent home through our New Horizons Housing Collaborative.
- Volunteer! We have a wide range of needs for men, women and youth volunteers. Your members can serve individually, as a family or as a group.
- Partner financially. Consider a special gift to The City Mission, establishing a monthly contribution or increasing your current giving level.
- Would you consider a material gift drive? With more than 2,000 men, women and children living with us each year, we have both continual and seasonal needs for items to help them during their time at the Mission.
- Promote and attend our special events! Each year, we have a series of special events that are intended to raise awareness and revenue for the operations of The City Mission. By attending and promoting (adding inserts into bulletins, distributing save-the-date cards, etc.) our events, you are helping us tell the story of The City Mission and in turn helping these events have a greater impact. Email Emily for our list of current events and promotional materials.
- Send us your college students and promote our paid Internship opportunities. We are eager to provide a rewarding experience to college-age believers that will both strengthen their faith and equip them for success in their career. Please share this information with the college students in your congregation.
- Host a Fundraiser or Friend-raiser! Stage an event (spaghetti dinner, raffle, auction, etc.) for Mission supporters in your area. We can help you with ideas, advertising materials and the program but you provide the rest.
For more information about church involvement, please email Jamie Buxton or call her at 216-472-5500 ext. 317.